Wednesday, December 2, 2009

23 Days till DRANKKmas!

Today in journalism, I tried to think about my christmas list that I have not made yet and naturally I was tempted to write Hippopotamus. Then it dawned on me that some DRANKK readers may not know this song!

Certainly everyone in the english speaking world should know it, so culture yourself and watch the video below:


This one is especially hilarious because the images that show up go along with the lyrics, but they are so random...I was laughing anyway. There is no official "music video" for it because the song was released in 1953 by eleven-year old Gayla Peevey.

As I searched YouTube for various other covers of the song, I found an IMPOSTER JoBro version...WHO ARE THEY KIDDING. This is why the JoBros are on my sh*t list.



Regardless, enjoy the song because it IS a classic. The original version that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment