Friday, January 1, 2010

2010



So here I am, sitting in the new year, eagerly awaiting what 2010 has in store (graduation and turning 18 to name a couple...) and I stumble across this:

Recent research shows that while 52% of participants in a resolution study were confident of success with their goals, only 12% actually achieved their goals. Men achieved their goal 22% more often when they engaged in goal setting, a system where small measurable goals are used (lose a pound a week, instead of saying "lose weight"), while women succeeded 10% more when they made their goals public and got support from their friends.

12%? Is this a joke? Last year I had made my new year's resolution to stop eating meat, which I have successfully done. (With a couple of exceptions- Pork Roll is the only cure I know of for severe hangovers. It only happened like twice)

So to all you DRANKkers out there, lets make the effort to stick to our resolutions...especially the one to break it off with the altar boy??




No comments:

Post a Comment