Sunday, February 28, 2010

I'm All Shook Up


This is my desktop background right now... I feel an obsession coming on.

It all started a few days ago when I downloaded "Pretty Woman" and realized that it's good, good lovin'. Then I thought to myself, gee, I should download more Elvis songs. Then I realized it wasn't by Elvis at all, but rather Roy Orbison. Who??? Exactly, so I just went ahead with the Elvis scheme.



So far my favorite song is "All Shook Up," hence the title of this here post. Silver medal to "Suspicious Minds" and bronze for "In the Ghetto" because it reminds me of Jackie and Guerin's duets in the Mistress (Guerin's truck) so giggle fits involuntarily ensue when I hear it.

I'm sad that it's taken me so long to catch up with the big guy and his undeniable fabulosity and good looks. I guess having Elvis pegged as an icon of my grandparents' when they were my age hasn't made him super appealing. But, really, what a hunk!



This new obsession will probably last 2 to 3 weeks until I tire out all his songs. And then it's onto the next. But who?

Maybe, I'll give ol' Roy Orbison a spin afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment