Saturday, February 6, 2010

MCS- Multiple Consonant Syndrome

It should come as no surprise that I am always stalking on facebook, considering I'm a chick, in high school, and part of the millennial generation, but there is a serious spread of a disease that has come to my attention. The good news is, it's totally preventable. The disease my friends, is MCS- Multiple Consonant Syndrome.

Although you may be asking yourself what exactly is MCS, I can assure you, you have seen it before. And probably all too often. Usually found in girls, MCS is the excessive and unnecessary addition of letters in a word, often continued into every word of the sentence. Some cases only add the extra letters at the end of the word, although typically it can be found throughout.

Here are some examples of Facebook statuses that are infected with MCS:
(I will not post names, for security reasons obviously)

"Bob marleys birthdayyy"

"dancing in the darkkk"

"snowww dayy with caitieee<3333">

"Hitting the gymmmm ... I got my hair done yesturday gym and laudrey todayy ..."

"anyyoneee else snowedd innn ???"

"sleddddingggggg yesssss"


Now heres my question: WHY DO YOU NEED TO PUT SO MANY EFFING LETTERS? Do you think it takes me a long time to read, so by elongating the word, I won't have to read it over again? Do you like using a lot of characters? Do you think the word lookers cooler? The fact of the matter is, it looks ridiculous. Itttssss ttaakkiinnggg yoouuuuu thiissssss muchhhhh looonngggeerr ttttoo rreeeaadd myyy blllooggg bbeeccauussee III'mmm usssinngg soo maannyyy dddammmnn coonnssooonnaannnttsss.

CUT IT OUT. FO REAL. Consider this a purpleDRANKk public service announcement. The key to stopping MCS is awareness. Once you realize how stupid it is, you will stop doing it and hopefully others will follow suit.

2 comments:

  1. the name "purpleDRANKk" has MCS. It ends in two k's. You guys are hypocrites

    ReplyDelete